Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Have a Good PR

Public relations is all about skills and communicatons. If you study PR or if you are alert, read or attend a PR course, you would know what PR is all about. PR is not only about' greeting, smiling, entertaining, dress smartly'. Besides, PR is a field of study, to make known, to create awareness, to enhance relationship between parties, to act as mediator. PR is a medium - medium to disseminate info, knowledge, request, news an so on. And so many functions of PR to mention it here. But, last but not least PR is always close to my heart. Wherever I go or designate, I will still become a PR person bercause PR is in my heart and soul. Insya-allah. And now being an Editor, PR will still be my basis of communiting with anyone related to my work..
If you have PR you would become a beter and better person in whatever field or nature of work you are in . What is better? The answer is you will be better in many ways. Regardless of who you are- a scientist, a teacher, a headmaster, an editor, an officer, a lecturer, a driver, a carpenter, a shopkeeper, a painter, a cleaner or might be blogger - if you have PR you will be liked by everyone. have you heard the comment ... 'he has no PR'.
For fifteen years I was involved in public relations. And prior to that, about five years or more I was in communications. Wow what an expereince and suddently I realise how old I am, I enjoy being a PR person, the PR skills, training and knowledge have helped me become a better person.

No comments: